So festive and cute! Can use these as table centerpieces for either your wedding or bridal shower. Or decorate your candy buffet table with these.
- Round oasis or styrofoam balls
- Wooden dowels
- A pot for each tree which you can decorate to tie in with your theme or color scheme
- A glue gun
- Curling ribbon and bows
- A bag of plaster of Paris
What To Do:
- Cover the ball with a couple of sheets of cellophane or crepe paper. Centre the end of the wooden dowel at one end of the ball. Push the dowel into the ball firmly. Do not push it all the way through, however push it far enough so that the weight of the sweets on the ball later will not cause it to fall off the dowel. You can also put some craft glue on the end of the dowel to ensure it stays in the Styrofoam ball.
- Make up the bag of plaster of Paris according to instructions. Fill up your pots to 3/4 full and leave to set for a couple of minutes, center the other end of the dowel into the plaster and hold for a minute until it sets. This is the skeleton of your tree. Once the plaster sets you can cover it with either some moss or some crushed cellophane or material or crepe paper.
- Add your sweets of choice by either sticking a toothpick into your sweet and then into your tree or by just using glue to hold them on if you are using a glue gun be careful as they get hot and you don’t want to burn yourself or, if you’re using chocolate, melt it! Fill in any gaps with curling ribbon or crushed crepe paper and tie on your pretty bow.
Pots & Dowels:
The dowels were painted white. The flower pots are painted with geometric patterns, using white and off-white acrylic paint, accented with metallic gold.
Project: small bird blog