First know your wedding dress terminology:
beach casual bohemian
Here is some advice to take with you when you start to shop for your wedding dress:
- Start looking right away. It takes a minimum of 4 months to get your wedding and bridesmaid’s dresses. Remember you will have at least 2 fitting.
- Save, Save and Save. Your wedding dress is going to be minimum of $1,000 unless you have time to go to David’s Bridal and camp out at 4 am to get into the door on the biggest sale day they have once a year. Even then there is no guarantee you will walk out with your dream dress.
- As for sizes, if you wear and 8 in regular clothing, you will probably wear a 12 or 14 in a wedding dress. I know it is kind of depressing.
- Don’t take the world with you. The more people you have the more stressful it will be. Bring one or two trusted people in your life.
- Bring a digital camera. Take several pictures from many angels of you in each dress. This will help you later when you are picking out your shoes, jewelry and head piece.
- Keep an open mind. Even if there is a style you think you hate, try it on anyway. You would be surprised.
- You will and should try on many dresses.
- Don’t panic if you don’t find a dress the first time out. Shopping for a wedding dress is very stressful.
- And last but not least, have your favorite bottle of wine in the fridge for when you get home – trust me your going to need it.
Try to have fun and remember it’s your day!